Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Sweet Dreams


Here I sit...October 31st...the last day of the last October as a fortysomething soon to be fifysomething...and I'm all alone...my husband is still in the hospital recovering from his illness...my son is at a concert somewhere nearby...my daughter is away at college...and I am alone...alone with my three bags of candy...and not one trick or treater knocking at my door.

Soooooooo...I guess I will have to eat some of that candy that is sitting in a basket in the kitchen...it is just too, too, too tempting...I bought all my favorite chocolate candies this year...Peanut M&Ms...Regular M&Ms...York Peppermint Patties...yummy,yummy,yummy...not like the Charleston Chews that my husband always buys...yucky, yucky, yucky.

Let's see...I'm peri-menopausal...it's now 8:00 pm...I have yummy, yummy, yummy chocolate candies in my kitchen...and I cannot resist...nope...I cannot resist...dare I start on the chocolate binging I may never stop...but I cannot hold back any longer.

I just consumed two York Peppermint Patties...2 bags of Peanut M&Ms (they're little bags so it doesn't count that much)...haven't touched the Regular M&Ms yet...I'm actually proud of how I am pacing myself during this peri-pausal chocolate moment. However, I also ate 3 mini-chocolate chip cookies (while I was making my son's lunch)...and two Milano Chocolate Raspberry cookies (had to try the new raspberry variety of Milano cookies that some colleagues brought to me...raspberries are my favorite berries...I had to force myself to try them...well...not exactly force myself...no...it didn't take too much forcing...I just opened the bag and put my hand inside and pulled out a cookie...then I ate it...then I put my hand in the bag again and pulled out another cookie...and ate that one too...then I slapped my hand twice when it tried to go inside the bag for a third time.)

So now what...will I be up all night from the caffeine or sugar rush (probably)...will I throw the rest of the basket of goodies in the garbage like a good girl (maybe)...or will I leave them there for the next two months for all the peri-pausal chocolate moments I'm likely to experience (likely yes...at least for now).

I think I've had my fill of peri-pausal Halloween treats for this evening...I like my chocolate high...I feel satiated...I feel happy...I'm going to have sweet dreams tonight...think I'll turn on my favorite Annie Lennox song "Sweet Dreams"...cannot believe that "Sweet Dreams" was first recorded in the 1980s...what was I doing when I heard that song for the first time...it was when I was twentysomething...seems like just yesterday that I turned on the radio and heard the Eurythmics playing that sweet tune...

Sweet Dreams
Lyrics by the Eurythmics

Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
Travel the world and the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something
Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused

Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
Travel the world and the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something
Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused

I wanna use you and abuse you
I wanna know what's inside you
(Whispering) Hold your head up, movin' on
Keep your head up, movin' on
Hold your head up, movin' on
Keep your head up, movin' on
Hold your head up, movin' on
Keep your head up, movin' on
Movin' on!

Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
Travel the world and the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something
Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused

I'm gonna use you and abuse you
I'm gonna know what's inside
Gonna use you and abuse you
I'm gonna know what's inside you



Judi

No comments: