Monday, February 26, 2007

Hands Worth Shaking


Some say that your hands tell your age. I'm starting to have more wrinkles on my hands and my skin is thinning so my veins protrude more. My skin and nails are constantly dry, especially during the winter. I cream them all the time. And I usually polish my nails because when I don't polish them they always tend to split or break. Plus, they look ugly when I don't polish them

I like to go to the nail salon. The parrafin treatments are especially divine. Your hands come out like silk. I've thought about buying one of those at-home parrafin machines and doing my own parrafin treatments. I should go to the nail salon more...I just don't have time...or I forget to make an appointment. I'll go four months without a professional manicure, even though I say I'll make an appointment each week...and then I get busy. Should I exercise OR go to get my nails done? Exercising seems to take preference these days.

So, I try to do my nails once a week and cream my hands two to three times a day.

Speaking of hands and nails...listen to this...I must tell you what happened to me this weekend when I went into Bath & Body Works. They seem to send me more coupons lately for free stuff. This time I took them up on their offer. You had to buy at least $10 of stuff and you could get a free sample from their new True Blue Spa collection.

As usual, I ended up spending more than $10...they saw me coming! But, when it came to pick out the free gift from the True Blue Spa collection...I couldn't decide what to get. The saleswoman showed me everything...the hand gloves, the hand cream, the intense cuticle cream, etc. Then she showed me the "Just A Minute" 60-Second Manicure Scrub. She said that this product was terrific. I read the blurb on the package - it said: This sugar-based exfoliating treatment makes quick work of dull, dry skin and ragged cuticles to give even the most mani-deprived hands a taste of soft, smooth spa-manicure perfection - in just one minute. Say no more...I was sold the minute I read the magic words "mani-deprived," "just one minute." Heaven to my ears..and my hands. Not only was I sold, I also bought their new nail buffer, which looked just like a real salon buffer...how exciting!

I rushed home and opened up the "Just A Minute" 60-Second Manicure Scrub and had to try it out. I took my nail polish off, ran the water in the sink, and scrubbed away all that dry skin and ragged cuticles. I had my digital watch on my wrist, so at exactly one minute on the clock, I rinsed off the scrub. Voila, my cuticles looked great...and my skin was pretty soft...just like a real salon manicure.

I put on my Bath & Body Works hand cream...buffed up my nails with my new buffer...then polished them with my favorite OPI nailpolish. Result: I think my hands will look 29 forever...well, maybe 39...definitely not 49!

I'll shake to that. Now let's hope they don't discontinue this wonderful product anytime soon.

Judi

No comments: