Sunday, February 11, 2007

A Night At the Grammys


Another awards night. I think I will always enjoy the awards shows, whether I'm 20, 30, 40 or even 50+. I just love all the hoopla and excitement of the evening events. Also, love to see what everyone is wearing.

In honor of the grammys, I thought I'd share a word or two about all the baby boomer female musicians that I admire: Madonna, Cher, Tina Turner, and Aretha Franklin. These are a few that I have on my IPod. The ones that keep me jazzed while I'm on the treadmill or keep me pumped up while I'm lifting my weights. I admire these talented women because each in their own way has been reinventing herself and is still as vibrant an entertainer as when she was younger.

* Madonna - Sorry, Like A Prayer, Holiday, as well as her newer song Hung Up
* Cher - Believe, If I Could Turn Back Time, All or Nothing, and A Different Kind of Love Song
* Tina Turner - I Don't Want to Loose You, The Best,Let's Stay Together
* Aretha Franklin - Respect


Of course, I also stay hip with some of the newer female singers - Avril Lavigne, Beyonce, Gwen Stefani,Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Clarkson, Natasha Bedingfield, Shakira, and Vanessa Carlton. My kids keep me up-to-date on all the top songs and new musicians that are popular. I usually like the songs they suggest, but can never remember who sings them. And, while I have an IPod, which I do love, I still do not know how to upload my songs from iTunes. I also don't know how to program my radio stations in my car. Since both my kids drive my car, they have programmed all their favorite stations...so I get to hear what the new beats are.

Okay...Tony Bennett and Stevie Wonder just won the first Grammy award...guess you can stay vibrant forever and ever! He said he sang the same song when he was 17 and now he is singing it in a whole new way...

Judi

No comments: