Tuesday, December 4, 2007

December Countdown


It's December...it's the final month of the year...my countdown year is nearing an end...let's see...there are 31 days in December...minus the past four days...that's 27 days...and then I have to add eight days in January...that's 27 + 8 = 35 more days...35 more days and I turn 5-0, fifty, fif-tee, 5 x 10 = 50.

I have so many plans to make for my fiftieth year...I get to be 50 for 12 months...for 365 days...the entire 2008 year...so that means I can really celebrate ALL YEAR LONG...no need to rush the celebration...let's see...I think this is such a big milestone that I really need to celebrate in a big way...I really need to do all the things that I put on my list...no choosing...I should do everything...everything...everything...why wait...I'm only going to hit this big number once in my life...so I better make it big.

Yes, I'm going to go to the Golden Globes in January and be a celebrity groupie...and I'm taking my fellow 50 year old high school friend with me...she doesn't know who any of the celebrities are anymore...but that's good...then if we don't see any celebrities when we are camping out near the red carpet...she won't be disappointed. (Note: This wasn't on my original list...but I added it...I always wanted to do this when I was younger...and now that I'm turning 50...I'm going to listen to the Nike ad and 'just do it!')

Yes, I'm going to have a birthday party...my daughter wants to throw me a party...so I'm going to let her plan a party...no planning for me...this time she is going to surprise me and do all the work...wonder what kind of birthday cake I will have...will it be chocolate...will it be vanilla...will it be strawberry shortcake...or my favorite with the strawberries and bananas...oh...I do love birthday cakes...everyone loves birthday cakes...and blowing out the candles...just like I used to do when I was a kid (I still remember when my mom made me a 'mini' party...everything was 'mini'...we had 'mini' hamburgers on 'mini' rolls...we had 'baby hotdogs in blankets'...and we had little chocolate cupcakes...the kind you make in the 'mini' muffin pans...and I got one of those 'EasyBake' Ovens that never really worked...but it was so much fun...so much fun...'Easy Bake' Ovens were easy...not like my complicated new microwave oven...the oven that overcooks my bagels instead of defrosting them like my old microwave oven did).

Yes, I'm going to go to some wonderful European place that I haven't been (well...maybe I will also go back to a place that I've visited too...I did go to Paris...but I didn't see it all)...Provence...so far that is top on my list...and I'm getting ready by using my ROC Protient Fortify Life and Define Night Cream...it's from France...so hopefully when I go to Paris or Provence my face will look as good as the French model in the advertisement...as the ad says "while I sleep, the formula's patented technology is working within my skin's surface to help strengthen and tone my skin...after 8 weeks my facial features are supposed to be lifted and the definition along my jawline, chin, and eye contour is supposed to be improved...we'll see...we'll see...I do want to have smooth and soft skin when I go to Paris or Provence.

Yes, I'm going to go to the spa...not a fabulous spa...but a day spa...on my birthday...on January 8th the spa is where I will be...need to make sure my body is in shape for my 50th year of celebrating.

Yes, I am going to spend some time at one of my favorite spots...the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in NYC...not sure when...one sunny day in 2008 I will go to the Mandarin...maybe for breakfast...or lunch or dinner...or maybe just for tea...I must enjoy the marvelous view of Central Park from the 36th floor on a sunny day.

I'm tired already...and my 50th year hasn't even begun...I think I better get some sleep and rest up...I will turn 50 in 35 days...and I need my beauty sleep so my ROC night cream can do it's magic...so my elasticity can improve...good night...sweet dreams.

Judi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Judi - make that 366 days to be 50 - 2008 is a leap year! :) Love, LR